Monday, March 4, 2013

Hermits have better skills

Is it true? As a socialite I realize I often have more on my plate than I can handle. It distracts me from harnessing my talents and skills into something better. Feeling as if I am pulled in too many directions leads me little time for myself. Unless its those late night hours where I sit and type. There is a strength in being alone for periods of time. So here I am alone in my room at 1:49 am on a Monday. I am rewarded with peace and quiet to sort out clarity. There is a knowledge of being punished with exhaustion and blessed with the ability to take a long nap in the middle of the day. The anticipation of the nap is an issue. As a believer in the model of expectations are bad ideas, I hate the bad decisions I make to get me to this point. The drinking coffee late at night. The pulling all nighters to complete tasks of ambivalent natures is a gamble. But what is one to do? After many great thoughts and many bad ones, I decide to write. It is my clarity it is my strength. It is the way I hermit myself and hone my craft to something I can one day not be too shy to share with the world.

No comments: