Thursday, May 22, 2008

Corporate policies in a non-corporate environment

I understand the need to standardize and brand things. But no matter how much I try to grasp the world of corporatization, I can not find my place within it. The rules and regulations can be as clear and concise. I may even agree with them all, but I find assimilation the most difficult of tasks. Reflection states immediate disheartening. Is it my character flaws that prevent me from adapting? Is it me that is wrong? I often think this. I often blame myself in the end. So when I finally find an amazing job, then maybe I will be able to conform. I thought I had it. Three miles from my house. Comfortable and cool. It was a temporary stage. It was expectations that I gave myself, expectations no one else set up. I was wrong to think this was the place. If only I could grasp the real world.

No comments: